Set me a seal upon your heart,
As a ring upon your arm;
For love is as strong as death...
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
A flame of the Eternal.


Song of Songs viii 6-7

New Book and Law of Attraction Merchandise.

I have added a new "Easy Way To Pay" option so you can get my co-authored book for the Christmas holiday season. Buy it for yourself or as a gift for a friend and you will receive it in approximately 7 to 9 days! My book, No Mistakes, is perfect for the holiday season! While you're at it, if you order before December 16th, you'll get my free deals for Christmas too! Simply click on the arrow below and check out all my products:
Merchandise Options (Price Includes Tax)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

INCESSANT MURMUR SURROUNDS MY BED

Journal Entry
Sunday 11/21/2004
At 6:45 a.m.

In a twilight sleep, I’m hugging a lump of something. Snoozing and waking, I’m inclined to think it’s Max. “I’m sorry I lost you,” I say as tears stream down my cheeks and onto fluffy pillows. A cheery hum fills the room, and in a little while, I come to the cosmic conclusion that the chirp is emanating from an animal of a different sort. Lifting my head nary an inch, I find myself sniffing the shiny mane of a black cat.

“Oh Allie!” I say, snorting and wiping fine hair from my mouth. As if put out, she lets out a high-pitched cry. So I stroke her ear and say, “There there, sweetie, it’s alright.” In a little while, she hangs loose and I pull her close to me. Soon we’re off and away once more.

But not for long. Now something else is trying hard to disrupt that dreamy state of consciousness I so rightly deserve. I groan, realizing I won’t get that extra Sunday snooze after all; for an incessant murmur seems to be surrounding my bed like a high-pitched electromagnetic charge.

Where is this infernal noise coming from? I put my ear up to my little one’s head and she gives me a sideways glance, like hey dude, what’s happening? Her purring has stopped yet the maddening drone persists. I close my eyes.

Before long, I’m able to make out the familiar timbre of it all. Max. And in a flash, an echo as his thoughts stream to the forefront of my brain:

You haven’t lost anything, and you have gained so much more:
in love and compassion, in insight into What Is; into All That Is!

*****

I sigh and breathe into fluffy pillows and relish my dear one’s sentiments for as long as I can without losing them. Then I turn to the end table where I (now) keep pad and pen. Quickly, I scribble his words down on paper for posterity, and maybe with a little luck, for all time.

1 comment:

  1. Mandy,

    Thank you for this new posting. Your stories are amazing and give me faith.

    Your good friend,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete