Set me a seal upon your heart,
As a ring upon your arm;
For love is as strong as death...
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
A flame of the Eternal.


Song of Songs viii 6-7

New Book and Law of Attraction Merchandise.

I have added a new "Easy Way To Pay" option so you can get my co-authored book for the Christmas holiday season. Buy it for yourself or as a gift for a friend and you will receive it in approximately 7 to 9 days! My book, No Mistakes, is perfect for the holiday season! While you're at it, if you order before December 16th, you'll get my free deals for Christmas too! Simply click on the arrow below and check out all my products:
Merchandise Options (Price Includes Tax)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dumb Animals?

I’m taking a break from my book postings to tell you a story about something that happened last week:


Wednesday 11/24/10
Around 2:00 p.m.

Some say cats are just dumb animals, but I’m here to tell you that 'ain’t' the case.

The day before Thanksgiving, I’m in the mood to meditate but I’m also feeling tired, what with all the rushing around before the holiday. Then, around two o’clock, I can’t seem to stop yawning and start to think it would be great to break all protocol and meditate lying down. (Maybe not a good idea to try this at home. Otherwise you might miss your meditation altogether.)

Tiggi (my cat pictured at bottom of blog) is sunning herself on the love seat as I pull up some stones I bought for meditating. Remember, stones are derived from the energy of the earth. Just as uranium emits powerful frequencies of radiation, stones emit varying energy frequencies. Today my objective is to clear the chakras or energy points of the body, especially those in my throat (thyroid gland) and the frontal lobe (third eye area; seat of the soul). For those who don’t go in for that kind of stuff, simply think of the breathing process involved in meditation and the intense focus on specific areas of the body. The mental concentration along with deep-breathing tend to have a stimulating effect on the thyroid gland while clearing the brain/mind to receive more information.

So I lie down on the couch and put a rose quartz pyramid stone on my forehead, centered just above my eyebrows. I’m sure you can imagine how funny that must look to an outside observer. Nevermind… getting into it, I center a polished green malachite at the base of my neck. Malachite is a lucky stone that aids in sleep, as I am soon to find out. I had temporarily misplaced my all-purpose quartz stone, so I decide to use malachite because of its intense energy properties. Used properly, malachite guards against radiation of all kinds, making it appropriate for a low-functioning thyroid.

Soon I begin the deep breathing process and focus on the malachite and my throat. Feeling good… and in a little while… my alpha brain wave state streams into delta and I drift into a twilight sleep. Sorry to say, I never even had a chance to focus on my forehead or the pink pyramid, but you see, my state of bliss is already complete. So what do I care?

Then, from nowhere, I hear a bleating sound like a goat. Once more, I’m wide awake. But the stones are rearranged all cockeyed and I don’t want them to fall. So I fiddle around with them until they’re dead center again. Lying there, I’m thinking, “Did that sound really come from a cat?”

In next to no time, I sense the warmth of a small body as Tiggi’s head converges on the target; wriggling nose about two inches from my face. I glance slightly to my right to find her eyes moving back and forth from the pointy pyramid… to the malachite stone… and back to the pink quartz again. Soon her green eyes grow nearly as large as the verdant malachite as she releases the eeriest vilification I’ve ever heard coming from the bowels of a cat:

“What the heck are you doing, you strange person?!” She hisses. (Well, that's to put it mildly.)

The stones fall to the floor because I’m no longer able to contain my belly laugh. “Tigg, it’s alright!” I hoot and pick her up and give her a thorough brushing. “See, mommy’s just having a little fun!”

Now Sweet Stripes is purring in my lap, and life is fine once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment