Set me a seal upon your heart,
As a ring upon your arm;
For love is as strong as death...
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
A flame of the Eternal.


Song of Songs viii 6-7

New Book and Law of Attraction Merchandise.

I have added a new "Easy Way To Pay" option so you can get my co-authored book for the Christmas holiday season. Buy it for yourself or as a gift for a friend and you will receive it in approximately 7 to 9 days! My book, No Mistakes, is perfect for the holiday season! While you're at it, if you order before December 16th, you'll get my free deals for Christmas too! Simply click on the arrow below and check out all my products:
Merchandise Options (Price Includes Tax)

Sunday, June 12, 2011

IN MEMORIAM

My dear step-father, Joseph, passed away on June 3rd of a long-term illness. You will find his picture in the photo section at the bottom of my blog. In memory of Joe, I am posting “The Garden,” a poem I had written under my married name. This poem was first published in our family memoir, For the Time Being (Authorhouse, 2007).

Faithfully yours,
Mandy Berlin

*****

THE GARDEN


You found me crying in the garden for my sweet one who went away

His spirit's rising on the wind now, to greet the newness of the Day.

His sadness drops away like petals falling on a sparrow's nest

His joy is in the little creatures I hold so dearly to my breast.


His laughter's in the morning sunshine that lights my path along the way

His heart is hiding in the wildflowers I gather tenderly today.

His soul is searching for the New World, a world I have as yet to see

May his spirit find refreshment in some sweet river flowing free.


May the dove of peace alight now, on his shoulder on the way

May he pick the fruit of New Life to give him nourishment each day.

May he find his truest freedom in the World that lies beyond

And may his spirit lie in peace now until we meet again, at Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment